Thursday, August 18, 2011

Adventure 2- Ed and the A.T.

Hello again,
Ever been backpacking on the Appalachian Trail? I have!  I went with my BFF to Shenandoah National Park one summer.  She trained and trained for it – sometimes with me. Here’s a tip. When they put the pack on your back and tell you that you have to at least carry your food on these trips, put your ears back and slow down so that you are at least 100 feet behind them on the trail. Drives them crazy! It wasn’t long until she realized I wasn’t carrying no pack! Needless to say, my BFF carried my supplies (and hers) and I got to enjoy carefree hiking, complete with chasing bears and deer, without the extra 10 pound load. And, at the camp sites, I was a hero! I “marked” the perimeter – seems it kept the bears away at night (much to my chagrin). A heavenly experience all the way around. And, again, well worth the embarrassment of the attached photo, which my BFF found hilarious.

I am clearly not a beagle…whatever.

Hey, great news.  For a sneak peak on everything WAG! be sure to tune in to ABC Channel 6 Morning Show between 6 and 7AM or FOX 28 Good Day Columbus from 7 to 9AM on Wednesday, August 24th.  Keep your eyes open for Sam and her BFF, Mike, along with our other WAG!Fest friends of the four and two legged variety .  

And of course don't forget to join us at WAG!Fest August 27, 2011.  It starts at 11AM at the Darby Bend Lake Area of Prairie Oaks Metro Park in Hillard.  I'm especially excited about the Buckeye Dock Dogs and the Southern Ohio Flying K9's demonstrations.  Sam is excited about the Dress to the Canines Fashion show presented by Moochie & Co. and hoping her BFF will buy her a new accessory, maybe a pearl necklace.  We're both super excited about all the yummy treats that will be available from other exhibitors and booths. 

Stayed tuned for Adventure 3- Sam and Folly Beach of South Carolina. 

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment