Friday, August 3, 2012

Adventure 5: Ed and Sammie, Canine Rivalry

Ed and I prepare for WAG!Fest a number of different ways.  That said, our competitive side comes out every so often.  We sniffed around the idea of settling it once and for all at the Top Dog Contest on the Take a Bow Wow stage in the most Talented category, but decided it would be best to settle it one-on-one.

Anticipation was high. Simple as a setter sighting a bird, our task was determined:  Both of us had two months to find the most interesting item from nature, specifically in the Hocking Hills.

Ed’s April Extravaganza:
Ed here.  I decided the early dog gets the bone.  I searched as soon as the sun rose and watched the dog-gone days go by.  Then, out on a hike one day,  I found them -- Morel Mushrooms.  Multiple morel mushrooms!  My BFF Tim was so excited, he couldn’t wait to get home and fry them up for dinner.  I made sure we got this picture though -- proof of my rare and yummy find. 



Sammie’s Searchable May:
When Ed told me of his fine discovery, I knew I had to bark up my game.  I imagined the blood hound in me coming out, and kept my nose to the ground.  Then, on a hike with my BFF, there they were!  Beautiful, Yellow Lady Slippers!  I knew there wouldn’t be a better find than this.  I had my BFF Mike take pictures from every angle, then gave him a little warning bark reminding him not to pick the flowers, because they are so rare.





Now we can’t decide who had the better find.  Let us know what you think by leaving us a comment.  What sort of treasures do you find when you’re out in nature with your BFF? Please, share your stories with us!     

While searching for our treasures, we both found ourselves thinking of all the exciting discoveries at this year’s WAG!Fest.  We are having trouble planning the day just trying to see it all!  Buckeye Dock Dogs, Top Dog Contests, Water Bark Beach, Meet the Breed Pavilion and much, much more.  How will we fit it all in? 

2 comments:

  1. OMG, what a lovely flower -- I've never seen a pink one. Wow! Sam wins...paws down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, I meant I've only ever seen pink. NEVER seen yellow. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete