Monday, August 13, 2012

Ed and Sammie Adventure 6: Kibble & Bits about Columbus, Part 1


Hey everyone!  Ed here.  This week and next week we have guest blogger Mac.  Mac loves Columbus, Ohio and asked if he could share his favorite spots on our blog.  Sammie and I are so busy getting ready for WAG!Fest, August 25, we said, “Howl Yes!”  Hope you enjoy! 

Mac at Agility Park
Hey there! I'm Mac, a border collie who lives with two people in Pickerington.  They take me to a dog park in Gahanna that has a huge big dog area, a small dog area under shady trees, and the best part...dog agility equipment!  Here's me on the ramp - my favorite (the tunnel is fun too).

It's a good workout, although I get a little over excited when I'm running the course. I always forget the second jump.  Pizzuro Park is hard to find the first time, so here's a link so your people know how to get there.  http://www.gahanna.gov/departments/parks/communityParks.aspx


Mac on State Seal
Now that the new Scioto Audubon Metro Park is open, we park at the Whittier Peninsula part of the park, go over the wetland boardwalk by the Nature Center, then walk along the Scioto River, past the fancy Miranova condo tower, through Bicentennial Park and up the new Scioto Mile.  We go back along High Street to see what's going on at the State House, then on to Columbus Commons before heading back to Scioto Audubon park.  Here's me sitting on the Seal of the State of Ohio in front of the State House.  

If you're going on this walk, have your people bring water for you, even when it's cool. It's a good, long walk.

Mac on Main Street Bridge
I love this new Main Street Bridge with its gigantic dog and people crossing deck. Best time is sunset when your people take a break on a bench to check out the downtown view, and I get to check out the other dogs that walk by.


Next week I’ll show you Christopher Columbus Statue, Pharoah Hound and how to relax after a long day.  Ed and Sammie want me to remind you to join us for the 2012 WAG!Fest, August 25th at the Darby Bend Lakes Area in the Prairie Oaks Merto Park at 10AM.  

To be continued. –Mac the Border Collie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment